Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, August 16, 2007

    Investo-Financia

    Earlier this month, I made an appointment with a financial planner from Quantum Magna Financial, a financial planning firm I got to know when its founder, Ligwina Hananto, came to Danareksa to promote Danareksa's own employee investment program.

    So, on that Friday evening I went to its office and consulted with the planner regarding the three "kinks" in my financial life. My first question was about the lack of investment purposes underlying my investing activities. Aside from a little portfolio dedicated for retirement, I have been practically investing blindly. I have practiced what I had known of good investing habit, but virtually for no clear purposes. Miss Tedja, my planner, suggested me to define several clear purposes and worked from there. This is one of the reason I made the "investo-financia" category blog to help me work through the process and monitor it periodically.

    My second question was about personal financial leverage, specifically whether I'm ready for mortgage. It's a bit lengthy and I will describe it some other times. Suffice to say, that I'm not up for it yet at my current financial situation.

    My third question was regarding personal insurance since I am covered by two insurances at the same time, one from the company I worked for and the other was a life insurance I subscribed before I got the company's coverage. I will tell you more about it in the near future. For now, I'm seriously considering whether I should continue with the subscription since the current term will expire next month.

    Well, I guess that's enough for the introduction. It's late, and I'd like to get some sleep before going to the independence day ceremony tomorrow morning. Sigh.

    No comments: