Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, July 26, 2008

    Manga Mark Mobius - An Illustrated Biography of the Father of Emerging Markets Funds by Kaoru Kurotani

    Manga Mark Mobius - An Illustrated Biography of the Father of Emerging Markets Funds Manga Mark Mobius - An Illustrated Biography of the Father of Emerging Markets Funds by Kaoru Kurotani

    My review


    rating: 3 of 5 stars
    [My review is based on the Bahasa (Indonesian) translation of this book]

    Certainly not the first economic/finance book using comic style that I've read. But, the manga style proved the be the first for me and so far the best at conveying the topic in a comic book format. It is a short biography of Mark Mobius, and a crash course to investing in emerging market countries. There are plenty of historical examples where Mobius had encountered various situations that called for important investment decisions and his rationale behind them. Also illustrated in the manga, side stories that adds to the overall nuance of the biography.

    The book has piqued my interest to read more on Mobius some time in the future, and also on Templeton, the firm where he worked as a fund manager specializing in emerging market.

    View all my reviews.

    No comments: