Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, November 22, 2008

    Pesta Blogger 2008

    I am sitting in Arabusta Coffee right now, waiting for my friend. Wi-fi connection works like a charm, and I get to sit near a power socket. I can wait for hours, I guess. Okay, so what did I do today? Well, my nephew, Syahan, just had his first birthday celebration this morning.

    I got to wake up earlier than I usually do on a nice cozy weekend. I got a task of documenting the party, using my brother's camcorder. Lots of guests came with their kids. We had this party designed and decorated with a theme of Madagascar, coinciding with the movie release earlier this month. Games and magic shows kept the kids entertained, while foodstalls (consisting of bakmie ayam, bakso, sate ayam, and sop buah) kept the adults busy. Har har..

    After lunch, I went to Pesta Blogger and tried to attend what was left of it. It had started earlier in the morning, and since I couldn't make it last year, I had to come to this year's event and see what it's all about. I arrived just shortly before they split the event into parallel discussions. I attended the Mari Jadi Blogger Yang Kreatif! (Let's Become a Creative Blogger!) with speakers Yoris Sebastian and Raditya Dika. They shared their experience in claiming their identities in the already blog-infested virtual world, building and leveraging their creative energies, their successes and failures, and their future endeavors (a movie based on Raditya's blog, Kambing Jantan, is scheduled to be released in 2009).

    After waiting  for like an hour for door prizes, I left the scene with empty hands (well not entirely since I've got a goody bag filled with laptop case, badges, brochures, and other stuff). I walked down the Thamrin lane to Grand Indonesia. Bought a novel at Gramedia (yup, a compilation of blog postings, strangely, of an anonymous writer). Had a dinner at Gado-Gado Boplo. And ends up at Arabusta Coffee. Waiting for my friend. Should be any minute now...

    No comments: